A new visitor and the Kitchen is Done

We got the kitchen all done now.  The 2 new countertops were put in last week, new better lighting over the sink and the drawer fixed that was broken--yeah it all looks so nice.  Thanks again to the Coibion's for this great work.  I actually look forward to coming home to my new kitchen each day!  Easter will be the first big meal I will cook in the kitchen--and I can't wait!


On March 7th a new visitor, Samantha D'Andrea from Seattle, Washington arrived.  She is a research assistant in the G.I. department of Harbor View Hospital.  She is also a phlebotomist.  When she came through immigration they had to come out and find Major for the address of Chidamoyo and the immigration officer asked her if she was a nurse, she said no.  So he asked her what she did and she said she was a phlebotomist.  So he said "Oh, a footballer" and Major just laughed and said YES!


She wants to get into Physician Assistant school and so wanted some global experience.  She is keeping busy going to vaccination clinics and helping me out in Out-patients and theater.  We have been very busy since our doctor has been gone for 3 weeks and won't be back until next Monday because of workshops!  I am getting very tired and ready for a break.


Next week on the 27th we will be interviewing for a second doctor from some men who just recently finished their residency.  We have been working without a second doctor since September--so we are looking forward to having help.  Please pray for the right person to be chosen.

 Kitchen is now done

The countertop has been finished

 Looking from kitchen into living room

Samantha helping do CD4's and drawing blood

Drawing blood for CD4s



Comments

  1. Kathy, I am friends with one of the volunteers from Lake Union Crew Outreach Foundation.

    My name is Emily and I am a licensed massage therapist as well as an advance licensed emergency medical technician.

    I am interested in volunteering somewhere that my medical knowledge and skill could be put to good use.
    If you have any information for me please email eermedical@gmail.com
    Thank you!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unpacking cintainer, interviewing a new doctor

Enjoyable time away at Rhino Camp

Covid-19--The world has changed