Arrived in US!

Well it has been a week since I left Zimbabwe. I flew 10 hours to Dubai. We arrived at 6 a.m. and it was 98 degrees and humid—a big change from 45 the morning I left Chidamoyo! I had 2 hours in Dubai so got a shower and breakfast and headed for my next leg, to San Francisco -- 16 hour flight! My travel agent arranged a great ticket for me in First Class and on the flight to SF I had my own suite—like a railroad car—even doors that closed you in. Flat screen TV for your movies, a built in bar and you ordered your food when you wanted to eat—it was so nice. I was met at SF with a limo ride to Santa Rosa—where I arrived on the 21st at 3:30 p.m. I was met by Sylvia, my brother Dennis and sister-in-law Kathy and my great nephews Maximo and Alec. Soon my nephew Marc and his wife Derekca and my sister Kim joined us for a BBQ. By 7:30 p.m. I was ready for bed!

Sunday I went to church at Sebastopol Christian Church—my home church and enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting new ones. I dressed for a warm day as it was in the 90’s and about froze to death when they had the air conditioner on high. I wasn’t used to have air conditioning for church! Sunday afternoon headed to Target to shop with my sister-in-law Kathy. Too many choices and had to keep my mind on not buying everything I saw because it was available!

Monday I enjoyed a lunch with 8 nurses I used to work with in Santa Rosa. Some are retired now and some are working towards that. It was great to catch up with everyone. Went in the afternoon to check out some shops and started driving—so far remembering to drive on the right!

Started Wednesday by going to COSTCO—the $100 dollar store! Enjoyed seeing all what was available and buying a few things needed. Went with my sister-in-law and my great nephew Alec and then we went to lunch. Then I went to see the doctor here. I had started fevers on Tuesday and when I got to the doctor it hit again—100.6. He said “if this was easy the other doctors in Zim and SA would have figured it out.” I am scheduled for an Ultrasound sound on my abdomen and a HIDA scan of the function of my gallbladder on Tuesday next week. We will see where we go from there, depending on what they show.

I spent Wednesday evening and Thursday all day in bed with fevers—so didn’t get much done.

Friday I went to Coddingtown mall and did some Macy’s shopping with Sylvia. We had lunch and then dropped her off for work while I went for a manicure and then enjoyed the opening of the Olympics program in the evening.

One week gone and haven’t been too busy which has been a nice rest for me. Stay tuned for more news.

 Flying home in my own cubicle

 Nancy Stedman--worked with me in SRMH
 Maximo McCarty
 Sylvia, Marc (nephew), Alec, Kim (sister) and Max
 Barbara Dutcher --worked with her at SRMH
 Mexican food--yum!
Judy Lindberg from SRMH nurse group


Popular posts from this blog

Visitors from Australia, Happy 20th Carolyn, Unpacking container, lots waiting for delivery!

What a week!

Covid-19--The world has changed