More visitors, a new car and goodbyes

This week has been busy and it started last Saturday night when Dr. Dale Erickson, our first doctor at Chidamoyo in 1968 came for a visit.  He arrived on Saturday evening in time for dinner.  He has been in Zimbabwe visiting friends and giving lectures at the Medical School for a short 8 day trip.  He was suppose to come for the reunion in January but had to postpone because his wife was not doing well.  We are happy she is doing a bit better now and Dale was able to leave for a few days to visit us.

We had a great visit, even though short and he preached for our Sunday night church service at the hospital.  The highlight of that service is seeing all the 9 month pregnant women who are staying in our Waiting Mothers shelter, singing and dancing!  We always have 60+ women at a time waiting.  Many dance very hard so that they can go into labor and go home, so it is always fun!

Stephanie and boys got back from Rhino Camp on Sunday afternoon with Major.  They had a great time and caught 2 cool boxes full of fish!  They were so happy.

Dale left for Harare after breakfast on Monday and Major caught a ride with him.  He went in to pick up a new to us vehicle that Steven and Lorraine Marshall left for us when they left the country.  We are so happy to have this Range Rover for the hospital.

Tuesday was a holiday here (May 1--Workers Day) and Stephanie and the boys went to Major's village in  Batanai to spend the day.  They walked to the Sanyati River and enjoyed seeing how people live in their rural homes.  They also enjoyed Sadza and Fish for lunch!

Tuesday at midnight we were joined by another visitor, Dr. Ben Wattley, from the UK.  He is visiting and working with us for 3 weeks.  He is from Norwich area.  He has been busy seeing in-patients and out-patients with our doctors and seems to be enjoying it a lot.

We always have a big ceremony for anyone at the hospital that gets a new car to sing and bless the car.  Our staff surrounded our new to us car and prayed for all who would ride in it to be safe and for it to be used for God's glory.  We did that with the new car on Thursday after devotions.

On Thursday  at devotions we said goodbye to Stephanie at the hospital and she gave us one last lecture to the nurses and doctors so we could learn from her.  We are so happy she and her boys came to spend 2 weeks with us.  The boys kept busy putting in Viral Load results into the computer  and helping Major put the Petty cash vouchers in order and the computer. Stephanie saw several patients and taught the doctors a lot about ENT.  She plans to come back again next year.

Friday morning Stephanie and boys and Major left for Harare.  Stephanie and family went onto Victoria Falls this morning and Major had a Bible College board meeting in Harare.

Waiting Mothers dancing and singing

Major translating for Dr. Erickson at Sunday night church at the hospital

 Dr. Erickson and Dr. Huang

 The new Range Rover

 Staff singing and dancing to bless the new vehicle

 Stephanie giving us an in-service lecture

Kathy and Stephanie

Stephanie saying goodbye with Major translating at the hospital

Julian, Kathy, Stephanie and Lucas


Popular posts from this blog

Visitors from Australia, Happy 20th Carolyn, Unpacking container, lots waiting for delivery!

What a week!

Covid-19--The world has changed