Happy New Year 2015

New Years eve we brought in the New Year 2015 with a church service and fireworks at midnight.  The church was packed and we had a band that played church songs and lots of people in the community came to hang out to wait until midnight.  The firework show brought in the new year and everyone went home at 1 a.m. to sleep.


I spent NY Day doing rounds at the hospital and then came home to take decorations down and put them away for another year.


We had some big storms since 2015 began and good rain.  There was so much rain one day that the fields between Karoi and Chinhoyi filled to overflowing and blocked the road for several hours so no traffic could get to Harare or the boarder.  Cars that tried to pass got swept into fast flowing rivers and a big truck even got swept it was so powerful.  Our doctor was trying to go to Harare for a few days and had to come back and try again 3 days later.


The planned remodeling of my kitchen has started.  The first part is to expand my pantry and then move my wash sinks and washing machine there.  Then we will expand the kitchen.  Bob and Rose Coibion from Roseville, CA are coming in February with 2 of their grandchildren to finish it off with cabinets and a new floor.  Can't wait!  It will be nice to have a bigger and more efficient kitchen for cooking for all our visitors!

Adding on to the pantry at home



Comments

  1. Hello, Kathy!

    I hope you are having a great day! I love reading about all that you do out there, and about how blessed you are every day! I can't figure out how to email you, so you am going to try leaving this comment first and see if you get it...

    I am 'your follower,' April Crothers, and I found your blog because I am also a friend of Pastor and Missionary Phil Smith, and he told me about you. He knew I would enjoy seeing all that you do, because I am an RN, and because God has lead me on many foreign volunteer missions. I have been praying about where I might help and learn next, and I would Love to be able to help you, if you could use me. My email is adcrothersrn@gmail.com. I am praying that you see this... Otherwise I will contact Phil and ask for your email, I guess. :)

    God Bless you in all that you do!

    April Crothers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unpacking cintainer, interviewing a new doctor

Enjoyable time away at Rhino Camp

Covid-19--The world has changed